Thursday, June 24, 2010

When He Speaks

So I don't know about you but when God speaks to me He speaks to me. Today He was really speaking to me about someone that I work with. I think that probably from day one I had been told that this person was controlling and mean. So that is pretty much how I have seen her from the beginning. I have let myself get caught up in what other people said instead of getting to know this person for who they really are. I am sure like all of us this person as their faults and has areas in her life that need work, but we all do! So today God was really speaking to me about getting to know her, pray for her and to try and understand her. It is so much easier for us to just talk crap about someone than it is to pray for them and befriend them. Why is that so hard? I think for me it was putting my pride a side and telling her that I was sorry for judging her on the basis of what other people have said and letting the form my opinion of her. Jesus did not come to heal the well He came to heal the sick. That is the message I was getting today as I looked at this person. She is hurting, she needs pray and that is what I should be doing for her. Jesus said that it is easy to love someone that loves you, but what we should be doing is love those who don't love us so we can show them Jesus and so that they might be saved. I see that need in this persons eyes. Pray for your enemy, I would not say that she is my enemy but I would say she is someone that I would not normally befriend. So here is the challenge. God is telling me that I am to help her pray for her and help lead her to Him. How am I going to do this? I am not so sure. I think I am going to start with prayer, prayer and more prayer! God lead me in the direction you want me to go and help me see what You see, hear what You hear and say what You would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment