Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Day at Work

Well, today was a typical day at work. I work at a doctors office working with nephrology patients ( kidneys). I have been doing this for 7 years now and for the most part I really enjoy what I do. I have found that even though recently I have been feeling like I want a change, the people that I have met and the friendships are worth the hassel that come sometimes. I remember before moving here that I thought and felt like I would never find people to uplift me in my walk like that people back home. In Texas before I came to know the Lord, I remember very clearly standing in my kitchen arguing with my husband about church and what religion that we should be. I was confused and maybe even a little scared. I remember yelling at him telling him " When God himself comes down here then and only then would I go to any Church or be any religion!!" Funny how God hear us and takes on the challenge. About a month later Eric met the women that would bring me to know Christ while hooking up her dish I love the story when she tells it. She says that she was chatting with Eric while he was hooking up the dish asking him out his family and life when she felt a overwhelming feeling that God wanted her to invite us to church. She said she argued with God in her head for a few minutes and then fine just blurted out " Got Church?" My husband responded with What? She said you know got church like got milk? LOL I think that is so funny I can only imagine God laughing at her as she says it but hey it got the point across and here we are today. That is inspiring to me and is something that I think about a lot. Just two simple words brought me and my family to Christ. It reminds me to never be afraid that speak out about your faith and to listen to God when he asks you to do something. I can only imagine where I would be today if she had not listen to God and asked us to church. It is not always easy but it is always for a reason. I was very close to her before I left and did keep in contact with her for much of the time that I have been here but after a while we went our own way and I prayed to God that He would send someone in my life that I could relate to again in that way and He did. She is a very special women and I love her very much and thank God everyday that she is in my life. ( Muareen) :) I ask God for everything and I love to see Him bring them to me. Sometime it is not in the same way I think it should be but He always comes though. So I am still feeling the itch to move in my job but again I am reminded that I am here for a reason and will try to wait on God to tell me where to go next.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story! "Got Church?"---->love it!

    It is hard when a special friendship fizzles, but I am glad that the Lord provided you with a special friend (and that God provided her with you!!!!) I'll be praying for you about job changes.

    ReplyDelete